When it comes to picking out materials and styles for new furnishings in your home, it’s fair to say that there is a lot to consider!
One such feature that might not have ever crossed your mind before is a louvre.
A louvre is essentially a shutter or window blind that has horizontal slats which are angled to admit air and light but keep out direct sunlight and rain.
They are adjustable, and they can be chosen in a variety of different materials.
Here at Balcony Shutters, think that aluminium is a great choice for louvre shutters on the Sunshine Coast.
Here are some reasons why we think that aluminium louvres are a great feature.
- The first big advantage is that aluminium has a protective oxide coating on it, and this makes it naturally resistant to lots of forms of corrosion. If you are looking for a material that is going to last for the longest time, then there is no doubt that aluminium is your best bet.
- If building from scratch, aluminium is a very flexible material that can be easily shaped to match the requirements of any customer’s home. If you have some specialised or tricky spaces that you need to be filled, then aluminium is a great option.
- If you are environmentally conscious, then aluminium is a great choice thanks to the fact that it is 100% recyclable. The aluminium that you will be using will most likely be reprocessed and repurposed and done so without losing any of its original strength or properties.
- Quite simply, we think that aluminium looks great too. It might be a neutral kind of material style-wise, but that makes it timeless and you won’t have to worry about your renovations looking outdated in a short space of time. Aluminium is always a safe bet when it comes to aesthetic appeal.
- Aluminium is also easy to maintain. They can simply be washed with warm water and a soft cloth. It is however, recommended that after washing a corrosion preventative is applied.
We have everything that you need and more in order to make the best decisions for your home improvements, and a member of the team will always be on hand to answer any questions that you might have.
We look forward to hearing from you!